My kiddos and being an older parent

I started this blog basically because I wanted to clarify a negative for anyone curious enough to Google me.  

Now I'll balance this out with some info that has positive vibes! ☯️✨🤗🌈💙   

I've got three kiddos!  🐤🐤🐤

Max just got his driver's license and he is 17.  William and Georgia are going to turn three in February, and just started gymnastics classes.  I'm 49!   The age gap between Max and W/G are so big I realized recently that I am a man who created two families.  💪


It is absolutely fascinating to see how each one of the kids has their own personality, and how their personalities change over time.  And my own parenting style is ever changing as well.  Things that I didn't believe made much of a difference, I have stronger feelings about now, for example screen time.   Things that I was really concerned about before, I really don't give two hoots about now!  Does it really matter?   🤷

Perhaps the biggest difference I have as an older parent is to allow the kids to learn for themselves.  They still do have to hear the dad lecture, but it's up to them to use the information as they see fit.  I can tell Georgia that bugs, rocks and sand don't taste good.  Can I personally stop Georgia from putting sand and rocks in her mouth so that she never does it?  Yes I could do that, and yell at her and keep on top of her every second to make sure I convey a stressed, controlling energy to her so that she is scared to do it (or do anything).   But it was much easier for everyone for her to discover that sand and rocks don't taste very good!  🤮  I'm also trying this change in approach with Max.  Our relationship is much better for it, but it is harder to implement as the stakes go up in age!  😅

Something I am doing a lot of nowadays is going to the Redwood City Public Library and checking out stacks of books to read with the little ones.  I noticed that they weren't paying attention much to reading for a while, and basically what was going on was they were bored reading the same books over and over.  They are very eager to read new material!   📚

Overall I'm finding that being an older wiser parent is much more enjoyable.  🥳

  • I don't have all the younger issues to worry about (rent, job, lower EQ, immaturities, etc etc.)
  • I have pretty much seen it all before, so nothing the kids do can rattle me!
  • I and my house are much more efficient the second time around! 
  • I find myself much more eager to meet the kids at their level.
  • I have much better finances now, so don't have to think too much about spending! 
  • I have the freedom and foresight to engage the kids how I enjoy to engage them!  Cooking for them, reading stories, bike rides!   










Popular posts from this blog

Unicourt case 🚩